Footwork for boxing
Footwork to prepare for the bag:
Correct stance footwork is important when boxing to maximize your workout.
A brief explanation of the popular orthodox stance with help to make sure you get it right and not hurt yourself.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Step forward with your left foot (if you are right-handed, switch if you are left-handed)
- Keep your right foot (left, if left-handed) at a 45-degree angle
- Shift weight to the balls of your feet
- To keep proper balance, distribute your weight equally between your feet
- Keep knees slightly bent
- Tuck elbows to your sides
- Place fists by cheekbones
- Keep chin down and look upward
- Roll shoulders slightly forward
Punching from this stance will ensure you have a strong stance and stay balanced.
- lockalcordo, The Buzzed Badger
High on Life. Dedicated to Fitness. Obsessed with Health.
Follow @lockalcordo or @buzzedbadger on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.